Level 1 Help Desk Technician
Job Title: Level 1 Help Desk Technician
Location: Surprise AZ
Department: Service and Support
Reports to: Services Manager
The Level 1 Help Desk engineer is a technical position with great growth opportunity within the organization. Help desk support specialists provide technical and troubleshooting assistance related to computer hardware and software, mobile devices and other tech tools and products. Working within a company, these professionals must be great communicators and be able to translate their technical knowledge into actionable direction. When they don’t have an answer, they know how to research the problem and come up with a solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide in-person, phone and email support to end-users promptly and professionally.
- Ensure all requests for services and incidents are logged/updated, addressed/resolved and escalated as necessary.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Responds to monitoring system alerts and escalates as necessary.
- Use management systems to perform duties and document customer environment.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Creates, updates and closes trouble tickets for all requests and alerts.
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Work under immediate supervision and follow directions efficiently and effectively.
- Adhere to and follow standard operating procedures (SOP) used to support customers and their networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in supporting Windows PC operating systems and Office Suite applications.
- Knowledge of commonly-used tech support concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Associates Degree in related technical discipline or Technical School degree with 0 – 1 years of experience, or 1+ years without a degree.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Attain certifications as required.
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels/time frames.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in Autotask as it occurs.
- Understand processes in Autotask by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the Autotask University.
- Work through project tickets and phases in Autotask as assigned.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets into Autotask.
- Create knowledgebase articles in Autotask.
- Utilize RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) tools to maximize automation of repeated tasks.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to provide status updates orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
Nature of Work:
Professional work. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of technical tasks. Works in a team environment and provided with Level 2 support and guidance. Reports to a Service Desk Manager. Works with various clients which requires excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.