The statistics are not in your favor. Every day businesses shut their doors permanently simply because they didn’t have a reliable data protection service. Those that don’t go under, spend thousands of dollars and sometimes years rebuilding what they once had at their fingertips. The numbers don’t lie.
- 6% of all PCs will suffer an episode of data loss in any given year. Given the number of PCs used in US businesses in 1998, that translates to approximately 4.6 million data loss episodes. At a conservative estimate, data loss cost US businesses $11.8 billion in 1998. (The Cost Of Lost Data, David M. Smith)
- 30% of all businesses that have a major fire go out of business within a year. 70% fail within five years. (Home Office Computing Magazine)
- 31% of PC users have lost all of their files due to events beyond their control.
- 34% of companies fail to test their tape backups, and of those that do, 77% have found tape back-up failures.
- 60% of companies that lose their data will shut down within 6 months of the disaster.
- 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster. 50% of businesses that found themselves without data management for this same time period filed for bankruptcy immediately. (National Archives & Records Administration in Washington)
- American business lost more than $7.6 billion as a result of viruses during first six months of 1999. (Research by Computer Economics)
- Companies that aren’t able to resume operations within ten days (of a disaster) are not likely to survive. (Strategic Research Institute)
- Every week 140,000 hard drives crash in the United States. (Mozy Online Backup)
- Simple drive recovery can cost upwards of $7,500 and success is not guaranteed.
Don’t fall victim to data loss. Natural disasters, fire, viruses, data corruption, and user-error happen. The circumstance itself may be beyond your control, but protecting your data and recovering it anytime, anywhere has never been easier or more affordable.
Our cloud-based data protection services are designed for use within small and mid-size business, but offer the data security, compliance and business availability mandated by Fortune 500 companies.
For more information about our UNLIMITED storage cloud backup please call (646) 762-4575, or email email@example.com. To sign up click here.